Sunday, August 16, 2020
Pastor Zach Prosser
Care Group Discussion Guide Celebration Church
688 Dan Street, Akron, OH 44310 | 330-762-7458 | www.CCAkron.org
Key Text: Psalm 27: 1-14
Ø There is No Fear in God’s Presence (Psalm 27:1; 23:1-6)
• God is a ray of righteousness and the light of our salvation.
Ø Life Events and People Have No Power Over Us (Psalm 27:2-3)
• David spoke the word of God to Goliath (I Samuel 17:45-47).
§ We need to use the word of God to speak to our enemies and problems.
Ø Our Desire Should Be to Dwell in God’s House (Psalm 27:4)
• The “house” David speaks of is a tent, not a temple.
§ We should not seek the beauty of a building or people, but God’s presence.
Ø We Need to Wait on God (Psalm 27:14)
Ø How Do We Dwell in God’s House?
• Recognize that it is His house, not ours.
§ God hosts us in His house, but we need to steward it (I Peter 4:10).
§ We are to do God’s will in His house (Philippians 2:12-13).
• Know what God requires in His house.
§ Holiness (Psalm 24:3-4; Matthew 5:8).
§ Repentance (Psalm 51:10-11).
§ A cleansed conscience (Hebrews 9:14).
§ Our bodies used for His glory (Romans 12:1).