Sunday, January 17, 2021
Something Out of Nothing
Pastor Zach Prosser
Sermon Discussion Notes
688 Dan Street, Akron, OH 44310 | 330-762-7458 | www.CCAkron.org
Key Text: Romans 4:16-25
- The Just Shall Live by Faith (Habakkuk 2:4)
- Abraham lived a life of faith (Romans 4:16-25).
- Abraham believed in God’s covenant with him (Genesis 17:1-5).
- In verse 1, God is El Shaddai, which is “God Almighty.”
- God made Abraham a father before he saw the evidence of it (v. 5).
- God will not alter His covenant (Psalm 89:34).
- He believed that he and Sarah would have a son even though it was impossible (v. 19).
- They had nothing to offer, but God still brought forth Isaac.
- When we live by faith, God will make something out of nothing (v. 17).
- John lived a life of faith (Revelation 1:10-16).
- By faith, John turned to see the Lord (v. 12).
- When we live by faith, God can multiply the little that we have.
- Jesus fed the five thousand with five loaves and two fish (John 6:1-13).
- Faith Comes By Hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17)
- By faith, the disciples obeyed word of the Lord (John 21:5-6).
- God’s word always brings its desired results (Isaiah 46:9-11, 55:11).
- God upholds all things by the word of His power (Hebrews 1:1-4).
- God’s grace and power are sufficient for us (2 Corinthians 12:7-9).
- With God all things are possible (Luke 1:37).
- God calls things that do not exist as if they did (Romans 4:17).
- By faith, we should speak what God is speaking (Psalm 116:10; 2 Corinthians 4:7-14).
- Life and death are in the power of the tongue (Proverbs 18:21).
- God’s word is eternal (Matthew 24:35).
- God is still bringing light into the world (Genesis 1:1).
- Believe Against All Odds
- The odds were against Abraham and Sarah having a baby (Romans 4:19).
- Abraham did not consider the areas where he lacked, but he believed God.
- Jairus believed that Jesus could heal his daughter (Mark 5:21-23, 35-42).
- Peter walked on the water (Matthew 14:25-31).
- Keep your eyes on Jesus and you can do the impossible.
- Common sense says to stay in the boat (the safe place), but faith will bring you to places you cannot even imagine.
- Be Strengthened By Faith
- Abraham’s faith was strengthened as he gave God glory (Romans 4:20)
- Mary’s response to receiving the word of God was to worship Him (Luke 1:46-55).
- Worship strengthens our faith.
- What you worship, you will become.
- Do you worship your problems or your provider?