No video currently available for this sermon.
Care Group Discussion Guide
Promise of the Father
April 23, 2023
1. Read Luke 24:49 & Acts 1:4-5 (Pastor read from NKJV, Amplified, & The Passion Translation)
2. What is the importance of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit?
a. Take time to have personal reflections
b. Jesus began His earthly ministry after being baptized in the Holy Spirit
i. Read Luke 3:15-17;21-23
ii. John 1:29-34
iii. What happened at Jesus’ baptism?
iv. From Jesus’ baptism, He was led by or “driven” by the Holy Spirit (Luke 4:1)
3. What did Jesus’ command to stay in Jerusalem mean for the disciples?
a. Tarry, Wait, Sit still, Rest, Remain Ready
b. Isaiah 44:3
c. Acts 2:33
4. What is the significance of being “endued” or clothed with the power of the Holy Spirit?
a. What is the comparison between “clothed” and “baptized”?
b. Significance of “Garment/Clothed”
i. Garment of Praise, Isaiah 61
ii. Wedding Garments to Enter the Celebration, Matthew 22
iii. Prodigal Son’s Robe, Luke 15
iv. Joseph’s Coat of Many Colors, Genesis 37
v. Jesus on a white horse with a robe dipped in blood, Revelation 19:13
5. How can the Promise of the Father impact our daily lives as witnesses for Christ?
Based on the discussion today, what areas do you need support and prayer for? What other prayer
needs do you have? Take time to pray for one another.
PERSONAL DEEPER COMMITMENT
Select one or two of the activities below that you will complete before our next meeting to continue
your personal growth:
Carve out 30 minutes in your week to write about this question: What does a Spirit-filled life look like?
Coaching or Mentoring:
Take some time to have a coaching or mentoring conversation this week with someone about how to walk in the fullness of the Spirit.
Memorization: Memorize the following Bible verse this week:
Behold I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high. Luke 24:49, NKJV
Commit to praying 10 minutes a day praying in the Spirit. Consider coming on Sundays at 9:30am for corporate prayer in the sanctuary or Sundays at
6pm for corporate prayer in the sanctuary. Harp & Bowl worship & prayer nights, last Sundays @ 6pm.
Read What the Bible Says about the Holy Spirit by Stanley Horton
IMPORTANT CHURCH HAPPENINGS
• Wednesday Saturation Nights, 7pm
• Harp & Bowl Night of Worship, Last Sundays @ 6pm
• Fun Arts for Kinds, Last Sundays @ 6-8pm
• Healing Rooms Sundays @ 6pm
• JoyFest, May 19-21 (7pm Fri | 6pm Sat | 10am & 6pm Sun)
• Men’s Retreat Registration Now Open