B IBLE D ISCUSSION
1. What does it mean to write the word “ministry” and circle it with honor? Or to do everything in ministry and life with honor? Read and discuss Colossians 3:17.
2. Read Romans 12:10 and discuss what it looks like to cherish one another with brotherly love and to outdo or study to honor others.
3. Luke 10:29-37 tells the story of the Good Samaritan. How does this reflect showing honor to others?
4. Read 1 Timothy 3:14. Paul says we “ought” to know how to behave or conduct ourselves in God’s house. What makes right behavior in God’s house so important?
5. Paul emphasizes to Timothy that we must keep sound doctrine. Here are some verses to read and discuss as it relates to keeping sound doctrine. Discuss what is
sound doctrine and why it is so important:
a. 1 Timothy 1:18-20
b. Romans 1:16-17
c. John 4:24
6. Jesus quoted Isaiah 56:7. Paul writes 1 Timothy 2:1 about prayer and intercessions. Read these verses and discuss the importance of keeping God’s house a place of prayer.
7. 1 Timothy 3 gives criteria for church leadership. Why is it important for there to Biblical expectations placed on the behaviors and lifestyle of those in leadership in church?
8. Paul gives 11 things we should do to be Christ-like in 1 Timothy 4:12-15. Take time to read and discuss the importance of these:
h. Teaching of Sound Doctrine
i. Make room for the gifts of God
j. Practice these things
k. Immerse yourself in them
Memorization: Memorize the following Bible verse this week:
Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith,
in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12